I want to thank Tracy from Tee Shirts & Jeans for nominating me for The Liebster Award!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you in your post and link back to their site
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you
- Tell your readers 11 random facts about you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for The Liebster Award
- Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions
Here are my answers to Tracy's questions:
What is your go to fragrance?
I am not really a perfume girl, I find that the scents are usually too strong and give me a headache pretty quickly. I don’t normally wear any type of fragrance but for special occasions I have a homemade concoction of lavender oil and water that I spray in my hair or on my clothes. It smells amazing!
What are some of your favorite pieces in your wardrobe?
In warm weather I am all about harem pants. I’ve got a black pair from Old Navy that I love. Those are definitely my favorite during the warmer months. I also love just plain black leggings from wherever, my favorite pair from Target recently ripped and that was pretty upsetting. Right now I am completely obsessed with this sweater from Urban Outfitters. It's seriously the coziest thing EVER and it's adorable as well.
How do you describe your style?
I would describe my style as cute and casual. I like to look put together, but feel comfortable. I usually have long days so I am stuck in whatever I am wearing for a long time and if I'm not comfortable, chances are I will be in a cranky mood.
What is your favorite brand for shoes?
Sam Edelman makes great comfortable shoes. My favorites are the Petty Bootie. I also own a lot of Madewell shoes and boots. Uggs will always be one of my favorites as well. You just can't beat how cozy and soft they are!
Do you have a shoe preference?
I wear Uggs 75% of the time in the winter and flip flops/sandals 75% of the time in the summer. I have yet to find a comfortable pair of ballet flats so I never wear them. But if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them! If I'm not going for total comfort I wear booties like the ones I mentioned earlier.
What are some pieces you use to dress up a simple outfit?
What is your favorite makeup brand?
This one is a bit hard for me because I really don't wear makeup that often. I've recently started wearing it more and I love the brand Tarte because they are eco-friendly, cruelty free, and don't have a ton of chemicals that are really bad for you. I just got one of their BB creams and it is AMAZING. Lush is also a great cruelty-free, chemical-free brand. I use their facial cleansers and masks and I love them.
Do you have holy-grail makeup items?
Like I said before I don't really use makeup that often, and when I do I like to keep it looking super natural. I don't use it every day but my favorite thing is this eyebrow pencil. I'm all about thick and dark eyebrows right now!
If you could go back in time to see anybody perform live, who would you go see?
This is super lame but I would probably go back to the Oops I Did It Again Britney Spears phase and see her in concert. Her red leather unitard is epic.
If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why?
If I could live anywhere it would be in Stars Hollow, Connecticut. Even though it's a totally fictional town. I am literally obsessed with the idea of living in an adorable little town where everyone knows each other and they celebrate EVERYTHING. Stars Hollow around Christmastime, that's the dream!
What is your go to outfit for a night out with your girls?
I am a total grandma so I like NEVER go out. If it’s summer I like wearing a cute but casual dress and some sandals or maybe even heeled booties if it’s not too hot. Or if I’m feeling lazy I’ll wear leggings, a cute top and some flip flops. All other seasons I usually just wear skinny jeans/pants, cute top, and some ankle booties. I totally have gone to the bar in Uggs and sweatpants before though…
Random facts about me:
- I have never eaten steak before. People are always shocked by this. But it is just totally unappealing to me. I have recently decided to entirely stop eating red meat.
- I have run two half marathons, and a bunch of 10 and 5k's.
- I went to an all girls high school and then a women's college and I absolutely loved it!
- I love to sing. I was in two national choirs in middle school and in the a capella group in high school. I also have horrible stage fright so I am NOT a solo girl.
- When I was younger I thought I was destined to marry Joe Jonas, I saw the Jonas Brothers in concert three times!
- I own every single Harry Potter "book on tape". Jim Dale who does the voices is AMAZING.
- For my first "real" job out of college I worked at an after school program for children with emotional and behavioral issues for almost a year and a half. I got kicked, punched, slapped, spit on, pinched, and bitten on a regular basis. It was a rough job but taught me that I am one tough chica!
- My senior year of college, I had a streak where I worked out EVERY DAY for six months...Then a really bad cold stopped me and unfortunately I have not been able to beat my streak since then.
- I used to work at Anthropologie and I definitely spent more money than I made.
- The summer between my Sophomore and Junior years of college I lived in Cape Cod and worked at a seafood restaurant. It was a really fun job and I got soooo tan.
- I actually HATE shopping. I am literally the fastest shopper on the planet. I like to go alone because then I can get in and out quickly. I also never try things on because that takes forever.
My nominees (I know we are technically supposed to do 11 but I just picked 3):
Katherine from Chatterbox New York - Katherine takes amazing pics, makes amazing food and drinks, and lives in the greatest city in the world! What's not to love?
Elyse from Weekend Boston - Elyse's posts will literally have you on the floor laughing. She takes the most amazing pictures of Boston and her blog is just all around adorable!
Amanda from Amanda Bella - I love reading Amanda's blog. She does a great "What I Wore This Week" post as well as so many other beauty, style, recipe, travel, and lifestyle posts.
My questions are:
- How would you describe your style?
- What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
- What is your workout of choice?
- If you only could shop at one clothing store for the rest of your life which would you pick?
- What is your favorite season to dress for?
- What was the last movie you saw that made you laugh out loud?
- How do you deal with stress?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your go-to order at Starbucks (or any coffee place)?
- What is your favorite item in your wardrobe right now?
- If you had to pick one movie/book character to trade lives with for a day, who would you pick and why?
Thanks again to Tracy for nominating me! Hope you enjoy!